Saturday, June 15, 2024

Grateful

I haven't written in years but felt the need this morning, so here goes... This week was the 15 yr anniversary of Caleb's amputation so it has been an emotional week Yesterday I went to a shop here in town and had to wait for the owners husband to get there. We were the only 2 in the shop and I asked how she's doing, she has breast cancer. Needless to say, I got emotional and cried a few times. Next stop, walmart, I parked next to an old army jeep and when I came out it was still there. There was an older fella walking in front of me and he stopped to read the label on the dash. I didnt get in a rush, he didnt know I was there so I waited and when he realized I was behind him he had to tell me about it. My point is, stop and let people talk. Don't rush and brush them off, they might need that moment, to remember, to be encouraged, to feel seen. It will make you both feel better! Enjoy those moments of humanity. Embrace them, show grace and mercy, be grateful for every second that you have breath!!! Last night Dan and Nick were fishing and I sat outside, watching the bunnies (5 of them) play on the back of my property and talked to God. I have a good, good life. Yes, we as a family have been thru some horrific things, Caleb having cancer at 12 and losing his leg, Scott dying a slow death from ALS... but by the grace of God, we keep fighting the battles and savor the beauty of life and love. Stop surviving and start living! Soak up the beauty of life! Hold on to your family and loved ones for dear life, make sure they KNOW how precious they are to you. Life is good people, yes, there are trials but the beauty out weighs the bad!!! Let people talk to you, listen, share your stories, you might say something that is exactly what they needed to hear. Be Jesus in skin.

No comments: