Saturday, February 13, 2010

life is going on...

A year ago today we spent the day in OKC, Caleb had tests ran pretty much all day. Today was spent getting ready for Jacob's first date. They are just friends but it was a date none the less. This morning Jacob had rehearsal for promenade and then after I picked him up we went and got Sarah's corsage, grabbed him something for lunch and left him at the shop with Scott and Daniel so they could clean Daniel's truck up because he was the one taking them to the dance this evening. We met Jacob and Daniel, Jess and Darrin and D.J. at Sarah's for pictures then Daniel took them to Chili's for dinner before the dance. We all ( us parents) met at El Patio for dinner, then off to Hutchin's for the promenade and more pictures. I can't believe he is nearly 16 and will be really dating soon! And driving, alone! I told Scott tonight that a year ago I would have told you that I am ready for them to be grown and out on their own, not so now. Now I want to hold them close and never let them go. OH! In between those things today, I babysat for a couple of hours for Grace and Colt. I told Grace it seemed like yesterday that she was a baby! I called her a young lady and she said "I'm not a lady!" I said "no? You're a little girl? and she said yes". I got hug goodbye from Colt without having to steal it, he came over and turned his little cheek up for loves! Oh boy did my heart melt!!! In case you didn't know it, I have perfect grandchildren, they are beautiful, as are their parents and uncles! I have to go for now, have to go pick up the kid's from the dance. I will post pic's as soon as I get the chance.
Lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. Song of Solomon 2:11

1 comment:

Erika said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. What a lesson that God is more then capable of bringing us through the hard times. Not only did you never think you would have to face your son having cancer but probably this past year you never thought you would come out of it and life would return to normal! That's an awesome reminder to me! Also, thanks for the reminder to enjoy the day to day. I've learned that more from you in the past year then anyone! It has honestly made me look at the little moments with my boys in a whole new light! Thank you for this blog and for your ministry...whether you realized you had one or not! It's so great to see that the versus you post with your thoughts have changed from versus about sustaining, faith and trouble to the verse today about joy and clarity! Love it!