Friday, February 19, 2010

Today...

I have found it harder and harder to post lately... There are things eating at me and although it may be easy to write it all down, once it is down I must act. I am a firm believer that if you talk it, you better walk it, because there is always someone watching and waiting to put you in your place. Now you probably think I am talking about God or religion, not this time... although my relationship with Christ is THE most important thing to me I am not stewing over that right now. Childhood cancer... I want to help fight it! Now, I am not in the medical field, I have NO desire to be, but there are ways to make people aware of how huge these diseases are! I get e-mails ALL the time on breast cancer and I know that is a horrible, mean, nasty disease also and yes, please keep pushing for a breakthrough there, but aren't our children just as important? I see articles on heart disease and all kinds of adult cancer's every time I pick up a magazine, where are the articles on childhood cancer? Kid's CAN'T fight for themselves, we must fight for them, otherwise they get lost in the shuffle! Had you heard of ewing sarcoma before you heard about Caleb? I hadn't. There are so many kids out there with this disease and so, so, many more with other types of cancer. September is childhood cancer awareness month, did you know that? I never saw one single sign about it, but in October, which is breast cancer awareness month, there was a huge sign in front of the hospital, it was everywhere! There is a day for heart disease awareness, everyone wears red, there is an e-mail circulating for our soldier's, wear red on Fridays, there is a 3 day walk for breast cancer, what do we do for childhood cancer? I went to the tag office the other day and they have a big poster of all the tags you can get, why can't there be a "fight childhood cancer" one? I want one! Help me make people aware! Please, please, please! Don't wait until someone close to you gets one of these horrible diseases! They've been using the same protocol for years for most of these diseases, so many of these kids have it come back somewhere else. To get funding, there has to be awareness. I am going to be trying to find ways to make people aware of these kids, of the diseases that attack them, I will be posting about these things, please fight with me, fight for Caleb and other kids like him. No child should ever have to lose a limb, no child should ever lose their hair from chemo, no child should live in fear of having to do this all over again someday, no child should have to die...
Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children. -Lamentations 2:19

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Is there a charity in Oklahoma that raises money for children with cancer? Or is there a camp for kids with cancer? I completely agree with you! We need more people fighting for kids who are too young to fight for themselves - or who are too tired from fighting a disease. It takes money for research and treatments. So, if you know of any charities - please visit my blog and leave it in my comments. Thanks!