Saturday, November 21, 2009

counting down...

We are on day 4 of 5! We don't know yet what time we get out of here tomorrow but I am fairly certain it will be tomorrow afternoon. Caleb has slept most of the time but when he is awake he is actually talking and joking with the nurses. I think it is finally sinking in that this is the last treatment. Pastor Doug came up yesterday and gave Caleb a brand new, still in the box, X-Box 360! That made for a very happy little boy! Excuse me, young man (rolling eyes profusely). He gave one of his football's and a hat to Pastor Doug. Pastor Doug knows someone that is going through the cancer fight and they are having a benefit auction to help, so we told him to donate those things. I hope it helps. I hate cancer! Until this happened I was oblivious as to how many people have it, or have had it. I didn't have a clue about how many children suffer from it. You get an education real quick and you don't even have to try, everyone you talk to knows someone or is someone that has it or did have it at one time. I could go on a tirade about why there is no cure, but it won't help. The next time you want to donate to a worthy cause, donate to childhood cancer research, they need it! Kids like my Caleb need your help!!! Ok, I'll try to get a little more upbeat... One of Caleb's nurses brought him pizza Thursday night and a movie to watch, he in turn gave her the much coveted "your my favorite nurse" award by hugging her neck! Yes, HE held out his arms for a hug not the other way around!!! She also made him a poster and when he finally noticed it and looked it over really good, he looked up at me and grinned his sweet little boy grin and said " people love me". Oh, I love these nurses! They have been so good to him, there are no words, our cup runneth over.
Luke 6:38 Give and it will be given to you. a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running, over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

No comments: