Sunday, November 22, 2009

The light at the end...
















Well we are home from Caleb's last chemo. We are very happy and excited, Caleb has not shown much emotion about this until we were in the hospital doing the last treatment and the closer it came to the end the more animated he became. He gave hugs, made certificates, talked, joked and played with the nurses and Erin his favorite PA. He will go in on the 3rd and have his scans done and then on the 8th we have an appointment with his Dr. to go over everything. We are believing and thanking God in advance for clear scans. He has an appointment tomorrow at Scott Sabolich but I think I may put it off until after Thanksgiving. He wants to go to school so I think I may let him do that tomorrow. My house is a complete wreck, we are in the process of replacing the living room ceiling and everything is torn apart. I have to catch up on everything from being gone for 5 days so I think I'll try to do that over the next 2 or 3 days and letting him go to school tomorrow will help us both I think. Tomorrow marks the 9 month anniversary of Caleb's first chemo treatment, so it is only fitting that today was the last day. He is...there just are not any words. I am so, so, very...grateful doesn't do it justice. I don't think there is a word for what I feel inside, but God knows, He knows. I am excited for the future, I am ready to get on with life, to get out of this limbo that we have been living in, and so is Caleb. He is smiling, and hugging, interacting in a way that he NEVER has before. Jacob and Scott need some attention from me, we need some overdue family time. I have grandkids that barely know me, they are precious and I would like to spend some time with them. We have been given a second chance and I am praying that I don't ever take it for granted again.
The pictures are of Caleb's last room, the view from his room and him kickin back. I will add more from this last visit tomorrow. Right now, I am going to bed I think.
1 Thess. 5:16-18 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments: