Sunday, March 15, 2009

Counting down...

Well it's day four, Ben and Aimee brought Caleb his chicken yesterday, that made him really happy, Daniel and Erika came to visit last night and Daniel convinced him to walk to the vending machines with us. It was nice to have visitors. As far as I know we will get out of here sometime tomorrow. Caleb has done really well this time around, his blood pressure hasn't been high one time, no nausea at all, he hasn't had to have diuretics this time to make him go so he is doing really good!!! I feel the need to say some things here that are kind of out of character for me. If you know me then you know that I am a christian, however I don't preach or even talk much about it. I try to just walk the walk and if it comes up I'll talk but I really feel like I need to speak up now. I have lived life both ways, with Jesus and without. I can promise you living life having a relationship with Christ is so much better than without. Without that relationship there is an emptiness that you can't quite put your finger on. Everything in your life may be good but you feel like something is off or missing. I can tell you what that something is, it is Jesus. He makes everything so much more fulfilling. Look at my life right now, really stop and think for a second before you go on... How would you get through this? I can tell you, you would need Him! I cry out to Him, I get mad at Him, yeah, I do, He holds the world in the palm of his hand, right? Then he could have stopped this, right? Yes, and He could heal him in an instant ( and yes, I am still holding out for that). I believe that with every ounce of my being, but I also know that this is not a perfect world, He said we would have trials, and up until now my life has been really easy except for the things I brought on myself. And then there are all the good times, I rejoice in the blessings of our lives, up until this my kids have been healthy, all four of them. I am proud of them. Despite some really HUGE mistakes on my part my kids have turned out to be awesome!!! That is only by the grace of God! I was reading one of my devotionals this morning and and it ended with this "The answers you seek and the strength you need can be found only by feeding on God's word and fellowshipping with Him in prayer. I know this to be true. I believe God allows bad things to happen in our lives for different reasons. Right now, I don't know what that reason is, but someday it will be revealed to us and we will all understand then. For now, I trust God to see us through this and hold onto ALL of His promises and I have peace... Phil 4:6,7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Here is one more...Zec 4:6 "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit," says the Lord almighty. I will leave you with this... Do you know Jesus? Do you feel an emptiness ? I promise you, He will fill that void, all you have to do is ask... He's waiting... Please, turn on your sound and listen to the words of this first song.

No comments: