Thursday, March 5, 2009

One day at a time?

Well I thought I better let everyone know Caleb's blood counts are way down so he can't go for chemo on Monday. We will go back to the Dr. here on Monday to do CBC's (blood count's) again and if his counts are good then he will go in on Tuesday, I think. I'm having a real problem getting him to eat or drink anything, he has even quit drinking Dr. Pepper. He has a sore in his mouth (they warned us this might happen) and he had a nose bleed tonight. Most days I can handle this but right now I am having a moment. I told Caleb the other day that we have to take it one day at a time but then I told him that's not true, that I am taking it more like fifteen minutes at a time. If I make it through the next fifteen minutes... He's my baby and I want to be able to kiss it and make it all better... Sorry, I just needed to break down for a minute. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1,2

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi you guys, this is a wonderful site you've fixed up! Also love the music. I am passing it on to some of my family and friends. I am and we are all praying for you Caleb. Cindy, praying for you and your whole family as well.
What can I say? Only God knows what you are all going through. So thankful you have Him. His presence makes all the difference! No matter what, He is faithful, He is wonderful, He is mighty, He is loving you, and He is able to do exceeding abundently above all that we can ask or think...
Believing God for a miracle, which is amazing and seemingly impossible to us, but quite normal for God.
Love, and prayers, Barb from Wichita