Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blood counts...

Well, Caleb had an appointment in OKC today so that he could go in on Thursday for his next chemo but his platelets are low so he will do more cbc's on Thursday and if his count is up then he will go in for chemo on Friday. This time will be a 5 day treatment and I don't like the 5 day treatments because he refuses to eat the hospital food, so he winds up going days without eating and he won't tell me what he wants to take with us this time. Other than that he is doing really well. He is eating and drinking plenty of fluids, he is active so I wasn't really sure his counts would come back low, the only sign this time are the dark circles under his eyes. Right now he is across the street playing and he will be in BIG trouble when he gets home because he snuck out the back door! (I'm wearing my best angry face) Have I mentioned that his hair is coming back? They say he will lose it again but is sure is nice to see, it adds so much color to his face, he looks healthy! I hate that he lost his leg, but as soon as they took it his color came back, he isn't gray anymore, his lips and cheeks have color! He is a beautiful boy (yeah, I know, I'm not supposed to say that about a boy) but he is. We talked with the Dr. today about whether to go to school or not and we are in agreement that he should wait until January to try to go back full time. I will let him go some, like he was doing before school let out for the summer, so that he stays plugged in and doesn't get so depressed. Well I think I better go drag the child home, it's getting dark out.
Numbers 6:24-26
24 "The LORD bless you and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

2 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

I had to smile while reading this post. Caleb is still Caleb!

Erika said...

Good Luck! Boys will be boys...