Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Passion...

Someone I know asked the question "what are you passionate about?", it got me to thinking... What am I passionate about, anything? At all? So, what is the definition of passionate? 1 a: easily aroused to anger b: filled with anger : angry2 a: capable of, affected by, or expressing intense feeling b: enthusiastic, ardent, the third one does not apply here. What moves me to show intense feeling? It is a little disconcerting to know that I am not moved by much, so I have to ask myself why? There is a lot going on in my life right now, so I am sure that accounts for some of my complacency, but not all of it. When did I become so indifferent? Have I ever been passionate about anything? Yes, without a doubt, at one time I was completely on fire, passionate about Christ. I let other relationships get in the way and steal that zeal that I had for Christ. I was hungry for more of Him, I read the Bible, daily, I prayed, and by that I mean I had a continuous conversation going on with Him, I read books and studied. That in turn made me a better person all around. Looking back I know exactly where and when I let go of that passion and let something else take it's place, and I have never recovered it, I came close a few years ago, so very, very close and I let it go again. I have moments of passion, like Sunday morning as we were walking to our seats at church one of the teens, in a very sarcastic manner, said, "aww, poor Caleb Seaton". I can not begin to tell you how much PASSION I had at that moment, but Jacob grabbed my arm and said come on mom, and I did the grown up thing and sat down. I love my children, passionately, if it appears that someone is going to cause them pain in any way I tend to overreact, from the oldest all the way down to the youngest. But, I don't have a cause that drives me, should I? Other that Christ, and I do believe that He should be all of our driving force, are we supposed to have a passion other than Him? Our families? Yes, I do believe so, after that I think priorities play a huge role. We should be passionate about life, every moment, every breath we take is a gift and we should passionately appreciate it and share the maker of this life as often as possible. I need to ponder this some more, in the mean time, what are you passionate about? Please, feel free to leave me comments. If you leave them anonymously you may have to try more than once. Now, an update on Caleb, since this is supposed to be about him... His blood counts are low so we will be going to OKC tomorrow for a blood transfusion. He won't go back for chemo until the middle of next week. He still isn't sleeping well at night, not because of pain though. I am not really sure what the problem is, so we will keep having our late night talks until he gets it all worked out.
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
3 My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long,

"Where is your God?"
4 These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng. Psalm 42:1-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, great question. I am passionate about Jesus Christ. All I want for my life is to live for Him who died for me. I am passionate about my children and grandchildren living for Christ, I want them to live for Him who died for them, with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. Nothing else will do because nothing else is worth living for, only JESUS! Only He can satisfy the longing in all our hearts. I am thankful that my heart is restless until I find my rest in HIM.

Love ya girl, praying for you and Caleb. You guys are still in the thick of the battle and I am still praying for you. I am so thankful the God walks with us throught the fire.

Peace to you,
Karen Duke :)