Thursday, August 13, 2009

Procrastination...

We are back in the hospital for chemo, but this is the short treatment so we will go home tomorrow evening. We had a good start to our day though, Daniel is in town for the weekend and he hit town just a few minutes before we left and he will be there until Sunday so we are happy. Daniel has been working in Nebraska for the last month so we have been missing him and the last time he came home we were here and didn't get to see him. It is perfect timing because we are having a birthday party for Jessie this Saturday, her b-day is tomorrow and Scott's was yesterday. So, since Daniel is home everyone will get to be there. School started in Ponca yesterday and Caleb went. He made it through the entire day, I was worried because he didn't get to sleep until about 3:30 am and got up at 6:30 to get ready, but he made it. He said no one made him feel bad and he enjoyed his day so all is well. Jacob started high school!!! I can't believe it has gone by so quickly, it seems like yesterday I was sending him off to kindergarten. He is playing football this year, for the first time ever, I am a little nervous about it! His thighs are very sore from the exercises they have them do. I told him he will be in good shape by the time the season is over. He does pull ups every morning now also, so he is going to get all buff I guess. I think I have caught you up on everyone so I will tell you the latest on Caleb now. At the moment we are at a stand still on his prosthesis. They have denied it over paper work. So the run around begins, next week I will start making phone calls, I made a couple yesterday after I got the letter from the insurance co. and next week I will make more calls, it is hard to try to do that kind of stuff from the hospital. He is taking it in stride for the moment, however, I think if he were going to be in school every day it would really bother him. I am going to add a couple of excerpts from my daily devotions, I thought they were rather appropriate today. Joy is the deeply-rooted confidence that God is in control.
My Father, how hard it is—and how powerful—to praise and thank You in all circumstances!

Give me understanding, and I shall live. Psalm 119:144
And to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord. . . . I Chronicles 23:30

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't let the red tape make you blue:)

God has a plan... said...

red and blue makes purple!!! :)