Monday, September 21, 2009

Answered Prayer...

I should have updated a few days ago but I let time get away from me... Caleb went last Friday for his first fitting and the leg fit like a glove! His technician was shocked that it fit so well and I told him that much prayer had taken place before he did the casting for this leg, he said we should pray for him all the time! he said Caleb can wear it home on Thursday (yes, this Thursday), he was really surprised by how well Caleb was doing with it. I do need to find a PT for him to work with some. We are at the hospital right now doing chemo, this is a short treatment so we go home tomorrow. He only has 3 treatments left, hopefully (prayerfully) he will be finished by the first week of November. We have been told that the further he gets into his treatments the more blood transfusions he will need, so far this has proven to be true.
I can hardly believe that he will be 13 in a little more than 3 weeks! He had wanted to go play laser tag for his birthday but we will have to put that off until after chemo and when his blood counts are back to normal. We thought we had a dog for him but it looks like that fell through so if anyone knows of an unwanted yorkie let me know. He really wants one and asks for one all the time! He has actually eaten a little bit today, I had beef fajita's for lunch and I always let him have them (he only eats the steak strips) and then there was apple sauce on my dinner tray that he ate most of, I got him a bag of doritos and a hershey bar that he will snack on later and a sprite. Well I gotta get off of here, Dancing with the Stars will be on soon!
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, 'says the Lord, who has compassion on you" Isaiah 54:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...God is good to us! I'm thankful the fitting went so well. Now we'll just have to pray a yorkie into the picture!

Christy Aday said...

Cindy,
I saw your Pray for Caleb card at the First Presbyterian Church and thought your name sounds so familiar. When I saw the picture of all your boys and saw Daniel & Ben. I can't believe Caleb whom Daniel talked about all the time has grown so much. I sure miss Daniel & talking to you. I left the Alternative School almost a year ago and just started working here at the church a month ago.
I wanted to tell you that you are such an inspiration to mothers with children. I am praying for Caleb and all of your family.
God Bless, Christy Aday aka Ms. Christy