Thursday, September 10, 2009

Today...

Where to start... This has been a really tough week, I'm not sure why exactly. Someone from church is making t-shirts for the Caleb Fest and she asked if there was a scripture that we had held onto through this...I thought that would be easy, I'd just go through the blog and pull one out, HA! Let me tell you, going back through the blog...Oh man, it brought everything right back to the surface, that was on Monday, Tuesday I had to go through pictures for a video of Caleb for the Caleb Fest, again ripping my heart out...Seeing him all through his life, so full of life... Mom's hold their newborn babies and count their toes and fingers and bend their legs and arms...we make sure everything works, that everything is all there and ok....Then today, I just listened to the interview that I did about Caleb and ... She asked me about Caleb...there is so much I didn't say, he is a vibrant child... I love words, I always have, but there just aren't big enough, or colorful enough words to describe Caleb... Caleb is the brightest, sunniest, blue sky, full of lighting and thunder and the most fantastic rainbow you have ever seen all at once! Can you picture that? All of this that he has been through this year, it has made him a better person, he is the same, but different, yes, more grown up, that is a given in a situation like this, he is more loving, more caring, more open, tender, softer, gentler, brighter, happier... Wow...how do you go through finding out you have cancer, go through chemo and all that that entails ( hair loss, weight loss, nausea, low blood counts...) have your leg amputated, wait 3 months to be told you can have your prosthesis, miss a year of school, lose any form of normalcy whatsoever, have people stare at you, and somehow, through all of that wind up being a happier , better, more content with life, person? Oh, and only be twelve?
Well I need to go get Caleb up so we can get ready to go to OKC to have his leg cast, by the way, the scripture that I finally came up with?
Lamentations 3:21-23 21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

No comments: