Thursday, October 29, 2009

No chemo...

Well there will be no chemo until at least the middle of next week. Caleb's platelets are taking their sweet time coming back up. I figured it up today and if he goes in next Wednesday, he will be short one day of a month since the last time he went in for chemo. This is the longest it has ever taken for his counts to come back up. It's been so long that his hair is coming back.

I have been keeping up with the updates all day for the little boy named Truman, reading his mama's thoughts is like going back in time and reading my own. I ache for them, and for us. She said it is the hardest thing they have ever had to go through and I would have to agree with her. It takes me right back to that day. Please continue to pray for them, I know the road and it is not a smoothly paved one, it is bumpy and has big potholes and only the presence of Christ makes it any easier. He is the shock absorber that we all need. I think I've been listening to my boys to much, I am using car analogies! ( rolling my eyes here) Tomorrow there is another little boy having his leg amputated, his name is Sam, please, lift them up also. My heart is breaking for these families, but they all know Jesus, so they do at least have that comfort. I have said it before and I am saying it again, I could not do this without Christ to lean on. Something I noticed when reading about Sam was that they asked people to remember Sam's sisters, that is a very good idea. Jacob's wants and needs have taken a backseat to Caleb's and it has been hard for him. It is getting better, I think. So, that is something else to put on the prayer list.
Psalm 34:8 Tase and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man that takes refuge in Him.



No comments: