Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stirring...

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. The Monday after we got home from the hospital they came to fix our bathroom for Caleb. They took out the tub and put in a walk in shower for him, we are just now finishing it up. I textured and painted it a soft blue, it's very calming. We had to get a new toilet also, the old one was shot and gave out a couple weeks before they started on the bathroom, you had to take the top off to flush it from inside. So it is like having a brand new bathroom. All of that work in the bathroom was donated by a company here in Ponca that does not want any credit, but we so very much appreciate the work they have done on our home to make it easier for Caleb. The house is still a wreck because I got so far behind and now I am playing catch up, I feel like I am chasing my tail!
It is well past time for Caleb's next chemo, his blood counts were down and his platelets still hadn't come up as of Monday. Tomorrow he goes back for cbc's again and if they are good then he has an appt. for Friday morning for his pre-admit and he will go in on Monday for his next to last treatment. This treatment is a short one so we will go home on Tuesday. (From my mouth to God's ears.) He slept until after 4p.m. yesterday and 10:30 this a.m., and the only reason he got up then was to get ready for physical therapy. I am praying all of this rest will help bring those counts back up! He has lost some weight, he is down to about 92 lbs I think. He still has a cough and runny nose, of course he's had the runny nose since he started chemo. I'll post as soon as I know what's going on.
I've really been struggling with my emotions lately and the devotion that this came from really hit the nail on the head;
"It was as though God was giving me a personal object lesson of what 'storms' can do in our lives," he said."In the middle of the storm when the wind is gusting, the lightning is popping and the storm clouds are getting darker, it's difficult to believe that our troubles are purposeful. But God may allow a storm in our lives to clear out the deadwood so that new growth can occur. And isn't it interesting how fresh the air feels after a storm is over?"
I am so very ready for the storm to be over, but it isn't yet and every time I think I have it pulled together I fall apart again. Tonight I got an update from carepages and I read about a 9 year old boy that is having his leg amputated tomorrow and I completely fell apart. I know how his mama is feeling, I know the look in that boys eyes, what she wrote... it was like reading our own story. I am praying for them. I know what they will go through tonight, and tomorrow, and for months to come... I am looking for the rainbow...I am praying for that family to find their rainbow also. His name is Truman, please hold him and his family up in prayer.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments: