Thursday, October 8, 2009

Procrastinating again...

I know, I haven't done a very good job of updating lately...We are in OKC right now for chemo. This is a 5 day treatment and we have been here since Monday, so we get to go home tomorrow. Caleb's blood counts are good so he doesn't have to have a blood transfusion before we go home. He started physical therapy last week so he can learn to walk properly with his prosthesis, he won't wear it though so we are having quite a few arguments about that, he'll never get used to it if he doesn't wear it. This trip hasn't been too bad, yesterday one of his nurses got another nurse to stop at Wal-mart on her way to work to pick up BBQ-chicken for him! Can you believe that? Today we have had nurse Amy and she is just as ornery as Caleb so they've been at it all day! They had a sword fight with crutches, she pretended to draw a line down the back of his head, because then we could call him "butthead", I know, not nice, but they have fun and it's good for him, she got him to really laugh!!! We are so blessed to have such good nurses!!! He only has 2 treatments after this, so we really are on the count down. I find myself feeling at a loss, this has become our life, everything has to be scheduled around treatments and Dr.s appointments, cbc's, and now therapy. It's very unsettling... I feel like there is something I need to do but I have no idea what it is...This came from one of daily devotionals, " I will never think of success, fulfillment and contentment the way I used to. Cancer has swept the veil away from my eyes—has given me a new way of looking at life and rethinking everything. It is an unexpected gift. ", please don't misunderstand me, it is horrific that Caleb has had to go through this, but so much good has come out of the bad, and all of that good is an unexpected gift. I read this the other day and it really fits...My life is but a weaving, between my God and me, I do not choose the colors, He worketh steadily, Oftimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride, Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside. Until the loom is silent, and shuttles cease to fly, Will God unfold the canvas and explain the reason why. The dark threads are as needful in the skillful Weaver's hand, As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
I know whom I have believed and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. 1 Timothy 1:12

No comments: