Thursday, October 15, 2009

Teenager?

Thirteen years ago I was laying in a hospital bed in Enid, Ok. holding a precious baby boy!!! Thankfully, we are home today and not in the hospital doing chemo. He was due to go in Monday for a treatment but his counts are down so it will be at least Tuesday if not later. This will be a short treatment and it is the next to last one!!! We are so excited!!! We had a quiet evening at home, just Caleb, Jacob, Scott, myself and my dad. Daddy bought pizza and we had a giant cookie and I got Caleb a cake shaped like a dog. It was too cute to pass up. He wanted a party but part of the family is out of town, Colt has fever, Grace had the flu mist, so we decided to put it off for awhile. I told Caleb that after chemo is over and all of his next scans come back clean and his counts are up we will throw one HUGE party for him!!! He is looking forward to it. He asked if we could invite the whole world... Right this moment, I feel like I do Christmas night, the presents have all been opened, everyone has gone home, the kids are asleep and I am sitting quietly thanking God for all the blessings in our lives.

For the last two days Caleb has been putting on his leg without being prodded, he is walking around the house without any crutches or help of any kind, he did fall today, but he was horsing around and he did not get hurt, although, he does have a very purple bruise on the end of his stump. That could have to do with just wearing it, or it could have been caused by the fall. He is in bed asleep right now, this is how I know his counts are low, he is usually up way after I go to bed! I think he had a good time tonight, I think just turning 13 was enough for him, he is very excited about being a teenager! I am not so excited. My last baby... Where did the time go? How did I let it slip past me so quickly? I missed so much, I wasn't paying attention. I still catch myself not paying attention, letting it slip by...it needs to stop. I need to... Time is too short!

And to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord. . . .
— I Chronicles 23:30

No comments: