Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday already...

Can you believe April is nearly over? Where does the time go? Saturday was Jacob's birthday, he and I spent most of the day working in the yard. We put up a little fence on the North side of our house, he did all the hard work! I have some pretty awesome kids. Yesterday we had b-day party for him, he seemed to have a good time. I can't believe he is 15! Caleb's day wasn't so good, he never would say what was wrong, I think he just gets depressed because his life is so upside down right now. He had another nose bleed this morning, it seems to be a daily occurrence now. He woke up pretty early this morning and took a shower and said he was hungry and wanted scrambled eggs so he ate and took most of his meds and now he is sleeping again. Heather comes over for school today. I want to try to get him to go outside some over the next few days, it is going to be really nice out all week and we go back to the hospital on Friday so I think it would be good for him to get outside first. The Dr.s office called this morning and his cbc's from Friday were really good, so good that he doesn't have to have them done again until we go back to OKC for his appointment on Thursday. He did tell me this morning that he has another sore in his mouth again so I made him get up and gargle. He is getting better about listening to me, he is realizing that if he will do the things we tell him to do that it makes his life much less painful. There is a lesson in that... As children we reach a point where we tend to stop listening to our parents and try to do things our own way, and sometimes we wind up hurting ourselves, causing us unnecessary pain. It is the same way in our walk with the Lord, if we listen, (and yes, He does speak, you just have to have a relationship with Him to be able to hear,) He will guide us and save us from so much self inflicted pain. Caleb is learning (finally) to listen because he has found out the hard way that I want to protect him, in the same manner that God wants to protect us. If only I had learned that lesson long, long ago!!! Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am glad you guys are home. I am praying for you and Caleb. I love your blog, so encouraging. You have such a strong walk with God now. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am so glad I ran into you and your mom the other day. You are all in my prayers. I read your whole blog today. I strive to be as strong as you, cherish life more and be a woman of God, like you.
Brooke Dyer