Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Another day...

Well it's Thursday already and I really can't believe the week is almost over. Caleb is scheduled to go back in next Thursday but he wants to be home for Easter, so I am waiting for a call from the Dr.s off ice to see if we can go in the following Monday. Miss Heather came over yesterday afternoon for school with Caleb. She is awesome!!! She isn't letting him slide either, which I really appreciate. Right now he is still asleep and it is 12:15 pm. Last week while we were gone we received several cards and today we got a couple more, these cards mean so very much to us!!! It means so much to me as a mom to know that Caleb is still on peoples hearts and minds and in their prayers. That people take the time and effort to let us know you are thinking about us means so very much. I know what it's like to try to fit one more thing into an overloaded schedule, so Thank you to all of you that are sending cards, gifts, thoughts and prayers and for just keeping up through this blog. I wish it had a guestbook for all of you to sign because I would love to keep up with that too. I know it's a pain to leave a message but you can do it annonymously, you just might have to try it twice. I went to the church this morning to drop off avon books and had a nice visit with Susan and Robin. Robin had a really good idea for keeping up with scriptures that I want hang onto, and she gave me a little spiral index card thing, Thank you Robin!!! For some reason I am an emotional basket case the last couple of days, I can't quite figure out why. Something that continues to burn in me is the fact that most of us just don't appreciate what we have. Every second of every day is a gift and we throw away so many of them... Yesterday I was in the grocery store and this little girl, 5 or 6 maybe, was just chattering away and her mom is completely ignoring her and finally turns to dad and says do something with her! She wasn't acting up at all, just talking and I wanted to say look lady if you know that in 6 months she would be diagnosed with cancer would you still want to shut her up? If I could just have back all the moments that I threw away... I know we can't look back, it solves nothing but boy can we do things differently now... I was looking at Erika's blog today and there is such a difference in her with her kids and that lady at the store. My prayer is that I become the mother God created me to be not what I have been up to this point. They need so much more than they've ever gotten. Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.

2 comments:

Grma Pennie said...

Thanks for keeping all of us up to date on Caleb's progress thru this blog. It helps me focus better when I'm praying for y'all. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

It was good to hug your neck today. I put the "Praying for Caleb" logo on my blog. Just wanted to let ya know.

Love ya.