Friday, April 10, 2009

We're here...

Well we got here this morning and we are on the stem cell side again, we don't much care for it over here. Caleb was pretty upset about being over here, he doesn't like change much anymore. He seems to be adapting ok though. We have different nurses over here and he doesn't like that, they know him and tease him on the other side and try to get him to talk and smile. The rooms are more private over there and they are bigger or at least better suited to all of our stuff. He had a pretty rough time this morning, the needle they use in his port was a different kind and it was hurting for awhile but it was working ok so it is better to just leave it and it quit hurting after a little bit. He was really upset, and I know he wanted to cry but he was being the tough guy, all grown up and brave, so he just rolled over, closed his eyes and went to sleep. Most of the time I'm one pretty tough cookie but when I see him like he was this morning I want to cry myself. It's horrible to watch your child go through this but I can't imagine how hard this is on him, it's bad enough to find out your body has something growing in it that can kill you unless you take this medicine that is really poison, and then have your entire world turned upside down because to take the meds you have to be in the hospital 2 hours away from your family and your stuck in this room with your mom for days at a time. Today has just been one of those days when I just want to be able to hold him and kiss it make it all better, this to shall pass, right? Psalm 18:28 You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I can not imagine what you both are going through. But, I can pray and I am praying for both of you.

Anonymous said...

I pray the prayers of the righteous will uphold you and Caleb and all your family through this weekend.

Love ya.