Friday, May 8, 2009

Tests

Well Caleb survived two days of testing, but boy are we glad it's over. He seems to be very depressed today though and he won't say why, as a matter of fact, he won't talk at all. He is in bed watching tv, he says nothing is wrong, but there is. I think seeing the bone scan upset him, I think he thought you wouldn't be able to see it anymore but you can. I know he is tired of all this and just wants to be back to normal. I said something last night, and I can't even remember what it was but whatever it was he said "you know I would change this if I could", I then realized he feels like this is all his fault, and he feels bad for messing everything up. I told him, this is not his fault, there was nothing he could have done, and how much I love him and how bad I hate this for him, and I would change it in a heartbeat if I could. He needs to do some laughing, get some hugs(lots of them), and just feel loved and wanted.
Psalm 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Psalm 18:14 A man's spirit sustains him in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?
Isaiah 61:3 ...to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of dispair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting for the display of His splendor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me sad with you Cindy. I hate it that your little boy, (sorry Caleb), and you and your family are going through this. But I am thankful that not only do you have the Lord as your Strong Tower, but you also have each other--a family pulling together and supporting one another during this life changing time, which we know as believers thaat God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. It's got to be a tough time for Caleb, all this upheaval and change of pace in his life. Even though his world had changed, God's world hasn't. He's still got a plan...He's still got a purpose for Caleb. And I'm praying, as is the rest of your church family, that God will give each of you what you need to make it through this battle.
Love ya...Kara

Anonymous said...

Praying for Caleb to have some fun this weekend, Ps 17:22. And you too! Happy Mothers Day!

Love ya,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you that I'm still praying for you and Caleb and the family daily! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. Love you!
Ashley

God has a plan... said...

Thank you, to all of you!!! We used to sing a song that said "to God be the glory, Great things He has done..." I believe with every fiber of my being we will see great things come from this!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember that you have a church family that loves you and is praying for you...God is still in control!