Thursday, May 14, 2009

We are not alone...

Most of the time I don't think about the fact that my son isn't the only one this is happening to. Just a little while ago I got online and on my yahoo homepage there was a headline about a football player with cancer, now I am not a football fan by any means but I decided to click on his story and low and behold he has been diagnosed with ewing sarcoma, he is 22. My heart broke, I still can't stop crying. My heart is breaking for his mama too, I know what she is going through and I hurt for her. My thoughts turn to my faith, and I wonder, do they know Jesus? Do they have that rock to lean on? Or are they alone in this? It is hard enough to get through this with Christ, I couldn't do it without him. We sang a song in church Sunday that touches me every time we sing it, here is the chorus; "You are my shield, My strength, My portion, Deliverer, My shelter, Strong tower, My very present help in time of need". I love this song because my God is all of these things and so much more. Most people have had some kind of revelation that God is real, they have had a moment of acceptance, not me, He was always there, one of my very first memories is of walking around outside talking to God, I was probably 4. Now, I have walked away from my relationship with the Lord on more than one occasion, but I always come back because He loves me just like I am, no matter how unfaithful I've been, He is always there with open arms waiting for me. He doesn't care if I'm fat or thin, pretty or ugly, smart or not, he doesn't care what I have or haven't done, He just loves me, period. We will get through this because He will carry us, I feel His presence all of the time, we are wrapped in the shelter of the almighty. I hope that Mark Herzlich and his family know Jesus, I hope that we have more than ewing sarcoma in common, and if not, then I pray "Dear Jesus, let them come to know you personally through this". Amen
Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength,an ever present help in trouble. 2Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Psalm 57:10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

No comments: