Tuesday, June 9, 2009

turn on your sound and listen to the music...

In less than 12 hours they will amputate my babies leg. Twenty one years ago I had a miscarriage and I thought I had never felt such pain...I was wrong, this is worse. I started to say nothing I have ever gone through has been this bad, but for a moment, when Daniel was born...he was dying, and I wanted to die too. That was the most agonizing thing ever, until this. A part of my child will die tomorrow...he will never be physically whole again. But what makes us whole? Is it our limbs? Our organs? A mate? A career? No, you will never be whole until you have that soul connection with Christ. I hurt right now, this is agonizing, I can not absorb what is about to happen, but to know that God almighty has endured worse, gives me some bit of comfort. He had to watch while His son was crucified so you and I might be saved. Are you?
Caleb wants the reference of this scripture printed on his new leg...
John 3 :16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. KJV

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing son in Caleb. Praying for him and all of you today.

I love you,
Karen

Erika said...

Been praying for you and your family today. I can't imagine what you must be feeling as a mom. I'm sure you can't put it into words. As I read this post, I as reminded of the sermon my pastor preached this past Sunday. He talked about how our physical bodies are simply dust. God formed them from dust and they will go back to dust. What will remain is our spirit and who we are...not what we are. I'm sure no words can comfort you right now but hopefully when it is all said and done this message can bring some peace.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy, I am Lennie's sister-in-law, Barbara. I just want to let you know I have also been praying for Caleb and you and your family. What a beautiful blog this is and what a wonderful testimony of God's love and goodness and faithfulness even through the most difficult things in life. I wish everyone could see this blog! It is such a blessing! I have also been passing this on to my friends to have them help pray. I know we would love to just see a miracle, and I have seen miracles, but it is so good to still see God working in the midst of hard trials. That is a different kind of miracle and through it all other people can't help but see Jesus. What a blessing! As God gives you all His strength and courage, you are encouraging others.