Saturday, June 20, 2009

Music...

Well, we had another rough night. Caleb asked for pills around 12:30 and still couldn't get to sleep so finally I made him lie down on the couch again and he asked me turn on the music so I did and off to sleep he went. Around 6:30 he moved back to his room and asked me to bring all of his things (pillows, blanket,big red dog...) and put the music back on.....

That was this morning...for the last couple of hours, Caleb has been in his room cleaning. Yes, cleaning, he has gone through all of his drawers and gotten rid of a bunch of stuff, and come to realize that we spend a lot of money on him and he has never truly appreciated it. Wow! Sometimes I wonder if this child will ever cease to amaze me? He is growing up so quickly now. Normally your children take years to mature mentally and emotionally, Caleb is doing it in a matter of months, so it is so much more obvious. He called me in to help him and as we were going through some of his things we came across a box that held a cross necklace that had been given to him, it was empty so I asked where it was, and he told me he had given it to his friend that had headed up that car wash in his honor, and he wanted to know if that was ok... It is ok with me, she is a very special young lady, but it brought back memories of his oldest brother that made me smile. I have been blessed beyond my comprehension with sons. Each one of them is so special, so unique. There isn't anything they can't do and yes, I'm sure they would all be able to tell you something they can't do...but in my eyes, they can do anything!!! To this day, when they really smile it takes my breath away...When they hurt, it takes my breath way...each one of them, not just Caleb. Caleb is getting so much attention and love right now, the other three are getting lost in the shuffle. When you pray for Caleb, please remember his brothers also... we are all a part of each other, whether we realize it or not. We try to think that all of this only affects Caleb, because letting it affect us might make us seem selfish or inconsiderate, not so, any kind of loss touches every life involved. Sorry, I tend to get lost in my thoughts....I guess thats all for now, I can hear Caleb in his room, playing his video games, Daniel and Jacob are on their way back from Woodward, Daniel had to deliver something for work, Scott is out golfing (someome should invite him to go sometime), and I need to call Ben and Aimee and make some plans for tomorrow. Life goes on, doesn't it?

Psalm 31:24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say a prayer for all of you frequently. I love your oldest son, he is a wonderful young man with a wonderful heart. I can never forget Daniel, we use to have so much fun together when he was very young. Jacob, I remember visiting with you about 8 or 9 years ago and Jacob was full of onryness and life with Caleb bouncing after him. You do have some terrific sons. Happy Father's Day to you Cindy and to Scott.

Love ya,
Karen D.