Thursday, June 11, 2009

No words...

I have had a really hard time getting on here to do this...What do I say? There are so many...raw emotions, as my friend Kara would say. I will start with the basics...Yesterday morning started out with Caleb coming into the dining room and asking if I thought he would get his sock back, I turned and said, what did you say and he asked again with a huge grin on his face, if I thought they would give him his sock back. I told him he is an awesome young man and completely fell apart and he hugged me and rubbed my back a little bit while I cried my eyes out. When did he become so grown up?
Now, after Caleb woke up after the surgery he was in a very good mood, at least that is what he showed us. He joked around about wiggling his toes and many other things, he thought that it was quite amusing to pass gas with everyone in the room, he was in very good spirits. However, later he was awake most of the night and eventually had to have some morphine, but honestly it was nothing compared to what he went through today. He woke up today in excruciating pain and literally sobbed in front of everyone, he was all but yelling it hurt so bad. They finally got it under control. Brian and Alicia were here for a good portion of this and after Caleb had calmed down and the pain had subsided I could tell he wanted to say something so I bent over and asked him what it was and very quietly he said "I hope they never have to go through this". He was speaking of Brian and Alicia's children. He is learning compassion, to think of others. His heart is growing. He is so strong, and I am so proud of him.
He has had several visitors since yesterday morning... Pastor Doug came up to see him before his surgery, then right before they moved him into a room Pastor Micah and Karen came in, and then they came back again later, needless to say my mom and sister were here, papa has been in and out, my dad and stepmom were here yesterday evening and daddy was back tonight, Daniel and Jacob came up yesterday and Scott was here yesterday, Pastor Richard and Casey were here today and Miss Heather, Miss Pat and the girls, (Hannah and Olivia) were here twice today, Brian and Alicia and their kids (Izzy and Ian) were here, my uncle Joe and Kristy their grandson were here this evening, I think that is all, but if I have missed someone please forgive me, I am not thinking very clearly right now.
Now then, to ALL of you that are calling and leaving me comments on here and on facebook...
Thank you!!! From the very depths of my innermost being, I thank you!! You will never know how many times I have seen a comment that has picked me up in a very weak moment. To know that there are so many people out there pulling for my child is so very...there is no word, heartwarming, touching, encouraging, nothing is deep enough. There just are not words to express how much I appreciate all of you. We love you, you have become a part of our lives, our family...thank you.

I pulled this out of the achives...
Psalm 90:2 and 4 Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.
Thoughts on today's verse: So many things about our lives are uncertain. This one thing, however, is sure: no matter where, when, or how long, God will be there and will be with us.Joshua 1:5,6 Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do have an amazing young man in Caleb. Praying for you and Caleb and your family and I will continue to pray. I love you!

Amazed by grace,
Karen D.