Tuesday, June 23, 2009

untitled...

I know that I need to update this, but honestly, I am so mentally exhausted I can't think. We actually got 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night, so that was awesome! Caleb took his meds at 11 and we slept until 5 and then he took more and slept until around 9. Not to bad!!!
He is sitting on the couch right now, every once in awhile he will cry out, meds at 11. A few minutes ago he was lying there with his "stump" as he calls it, it the air and he said to me " I have a stump mom, and I don't like it! I want it back.", what do say to that? I don't know that he was really looking for a response, just stating the facts. I want it back too! I have moments, walking behind him, or watching him to make sure he is balanced, that totally deflate me. I can't breathe, so how can he deal with this, if I can't? I have flash backs of kissing his little feet, tickling his feet, counting his toes when he was born, playing little piggy, telling him he still had baby feet and hands right up until a couple of years ago. And then I feel guilty for not being stronger, he seems to be taking this so much better than I.
Well, now he is looking at a fireworks flyer we got in the mail today...that should be great fun, NOT. The 4th is always a big deal at our house, but this year I am kinda scared, he can't throw them and run! Remember those Calgon commercials? Daniel gave me a coupon for a pedicure back on my birthday and I am thinking I need to go use it really soon!!! Well I need to get up and get busy, have a very blessed day. Sorry this has been so random.

Psalm 28:6,7 Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep trusting and you and Caleb will get through this victoriously.