Thursday, June 4, 2009

Still no words...

Right this minute, I don't have words. I feel...ya know what...I don't want to feel right now. My baby is losing half of his leg. I don't know how to feel. Caleb cried in front of someone other than me today, that is a break through. The Dr. gave us the options and gave us her opinion and I trust her, they say she is one of the best. Some will say I should get a second opinion, I don't feel that it is necessary to do that. We go tomorrow to look at prosthetics, amazing that one of the leading places in the world is in OKC. I left the decision up to Caleb, he asked what I want him to do and I told him he had to decide, it is his leg. He said he will probably lose it in the long run anyway so he might as well go ahead and get it over with. I have an amazingly strong child. On the way home today he said "no 12 year old should have to go through this"... I told him no one should have to go through this. As far as I know surgery is still scheduled for Monday morning, if that changes I will post as soon as possible. Please, keep us in your prayers, we need it. I think the scripture and devotion below were perfect for this day, if you haven't read it then please do. God still has a plan!!!

7 comments:

Erika said...

I don't blame you for not having words and no one expects you to. I will be praying for Caleb and for your family.

God has a plan... said...

thank you...

Karen said...

I am praying for Caleb and you and your family. I know that the Lord is surrounding you with His love and comfort.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and Caleb and family. This isn't the turn of events that we all foresaw, but God saw it. He knew the decision that yesterday held and He still marked out a plan. God still has a plan...and I am praying that His Holy Spirit will not only comfort you, Caleb, and family but will also strengthen and encourage every one of you according to His Word and lovingkindness.

love ya.

God has a plan... said...

Kara,
your crown is going to be so heavy you won't be able to wear it. :)

Laurie said...

Oh, girl....I have no words either, just biggo hugs for you.

Anonymous said...

You are close to my heart and in my prayers...You are not alone!! Robin